My name is Benoît Mayaux a.k.a. Patapom, I'm a French programmer interested in everything, especially the stuff that interests me.
I have specialized in rendering for many years now. I worked for these companies:
- Heliogames / Dôki Denki (Lyon, FR), from 1998 to 2004 where I worked on Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan Disney licences
- Climax (Portsmouth, UK) in 2004 and 2005 where I worked on a custom engine
- Widescreen Games (Lyon, FR) from 2006 to 2009 where I worked on a custom engine and tool suite
- Arkane Studio (Lyon, FR) from 2013 to 2017 where I rewrote a good part of the lighting pipeline and provided the indirect lighting solution for the game "Dishonored 2"
I have been an independent contractor from 2009 to present, during which I wrote the Nuaj' cloud rendering package for the Unity 3D engine.
I also did some contracting for the following companies:
- Allegorithmics where I worked on the integration of Substance into the Unity 3D engine
- Autodesk (Montréal) where I worked on the Flame video suite
- Ubi Soft (Montréal) where I helped porting my Nuaj' cloud system to some undisclosed project
- Arkane Studio where I worked on the Dishonored 2 AAA licence
I like photography, art, natural language processing, science, cooking, history, philosophy, politics, nature, watching birds and all sorts of animals.
My totem animal is the otter although I choose to be reincarnated as a Red Robin.